Hi friends, this weekend I was lucky enough to go to the movies twice!! I saw The Odyssey and Spider-Man: Brand New Day. I loved them both.
The Odyssey
I saw The Odyssey this past Friday with Lynnie Bop. It was so insanely well made and portrayed the story excellently, in my opinion. I'm not an expert on The Odyssey, but I knew enough to be familiar with a majority of the concepts and events. Most of my knowledge prior to watching the film was from Percy Jackson, which will be controversial to some, but idc! I was also lucky enough to have a friend who's a Latin expert give us a rundown of everything we needed to know before watching, so shout-out to Lydia! I cannot find the words to express how perfect and amazing this was to me. All of the performances by the stacked cast were done so well that I didn't have the usual experience of thinking, "Hey, that's Robert Pattinson," instead of seeing Antinous; I only saw their characters. Also Agamemnon was so so cool and had so much aura the whole film, and I really felt the need to mention it. Overall, I give the film a 10/10.
Spider-Man: Brand New Day
I have always been a massive Spider-Man fan since I was little. He has always been my favorite superhero. This was such an amazing movie and I loved it so much. It dealt with the aftermath of No Way Home so well. Additionally, it really felt like a friendly neighborhood Spider-Man, like the problems weren't too large for him to handle and it wasn't like why is this just his problem where are the other heroes like some Marvel films can be. It gave me the same hope for the world that Superman 2025 did. It was also so nice to see the influence peter 2 and 3 had on this Peter Parker, it could be seen in how he swung and his humor in fights and made him more similar to the comics imo. I also found out that the made an effort to remake some iconic comic covers in the film and I find that so fun and cool. The soundtrack was so amazing, per usual. I have added so many songs from every Spider-Man movie I've seen and this one was no different. Another 10/10 movie.
Basically the cinema is so back and there's a good chance I'll be back to watch both of these on the big screen again. I'm so so happy. If you'd like to see my reviews for both, you can find my letterboxd here: https://letterboxd.com/mrs_summer455/
No comments:
Post a Comment